Sunday, May 27, 2007

Tote

I am really a purse girl. My daughter on the other hand is turning out to be a shoe gal. In any case, here is a cute tote that I managed to sew together as the "wrapping" for my SIL's baby shower gift. I used my Revolution Blossum letter to die cut "TWINS" in fabric, but as this was a last minute decision to make the bag, it doesn't really stand out. Maybe next version. Fabric is some Laura Ashley fabric that I'd picked up eons ago while there were still Laura Ashley shops in Canada and the soft white fabric is that super soft chenille type fabric that is slowly cropping up in all babywear. It's sooooo soft!

Seriously, this is a quick tote to make - less than 2 hours - especially if you don't press, iron, do the righ seam allowances or really pull through and double knot your threads. But, who is really looking that carefully, it's one less bag to go in the dump.

No comments: