Wednesday, June 27, 2007

little birdie card

I made this b-day card for my husband's granny in the UK. I'm pretty sure it's not her type of card - but I love how it turned out I love the birds ( hero arts), the punches ( scallop giga and mega marvy clever), I love the stitching around the edges and the whole piece of it. The other stamnps that I used are Autumn Leaves, and A Muse. Cardstock is from a cheap Autumn Leaves paper pad that I got from Michaels - one of the foof a las ( I think).


I've also just finished a birthday album gift. I've recently really got into the whole Simple Scrapbooks idea...and so I decided that I would gift an essentially pre-made scrapbook album. My MIL is visiting her mom ( granny) in the UK, and it's her birthday so I thought I would share the whole scrapping thing with them and make it a "craft kit". I'm going to pack the album, instructions, journaling pen, adhesive for the pics - and hope that they go through some photos and create this " let me tell you about the time" scrapbook. How fun and easy can that be?


What I've used: all paper is from Autumn Leaves paper pad. I've used making memories tiny stickers ( luv them), American Crafts rubons ( not that fun to use - luv the font - too bad), stamps CTMH alphafont. Ink, CTMH. Ribbon - own stash.

I totally lifted the design and idea of this scrapbook from Becky Higgins and Lisa Bearnson's Our Family Scrapbooks. Makes it all simpler - and I'm so into that these days.

No comments: