Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nap blanket


This is the "nap blanket" that I made from Courtney. Originally, I was just going to take the pink Japanese terry cloth fabric and turn it into a blanket, but it was too hard to match the pinkiness and then it was thin. My husband said her blanket should be cozy. So, after 2 more trips to 2 different fabric stores, I had all the materials and trim. I like how it turned out...it's hard to see but I did embroider 3 differents designs of hearts and her name. This was my first time embroidering and I can see why people enjoy it so much. It's so instantaneous. I still have a bit of that hedgehog fabric left and just ordered more. It's just sooo cute!

At the moment, my daughter also wants to be an action hero - so the blanket is also a cape.

No comments: